BEST HAIRCUTS & BEARDS FOR YOUR FACE SHAPE
What’s My Face Shape?
Start with a flexible tape measure. Take the following four measurements. Record each.
Measure horizontally across the width of your forehead, from the peak of one eyebrow arch to the peak of the opposite eyebrow arch = __________ inches.
Measure horizontally across the width of your cheekbones, starting and ending at the pointiest part below the outer corner of each eye. =__________ inches.
Measure angularly from the tip of your chin to below your ear at the point at which your jaw angles upwards. Multiply this number by two = __________ inches x 2 = __________ inches.
Measure vertically down your nose from the center of your hairline to the tip of your chin = __________ inches.
Note which is the largest of the four measurements. Compare this to the following seven profiles to determine your face shape:
- Oval: Face length is larger than width of cheekbones, and forehead is larger than the jawline. Angle of jaw is rounded rather than sharp.
- Square: All measurements are fairly similar. Angle of jaw is sharp rather than rounded.
- Rectangle: Face length is largest measurement. Forehead, cheekbones, and jawline are similar in size.
- Round: Cheekbones and face length are a similar measurement. Both are larger than forehead and jawline, which also have a similar measurement. Angle of jaw is soft and much less defined.
- Diamond: Face length measurement is largest. Then, in descending order, cheekbones, forehead, and smallest is jawline. Chin is pointed.
- Heart: Forehead measurement larger than cheekbones and jawline. Chin is pointed.
- Triangular: Jawline measurement larger than cheekbones, which measures larger than forehead.